How to Setup a Personal Email Folder
In 10 Easy Steps.
1. If you are setting up a new email account first make sure you call Omega Internet 276-7500 to give them the new username and password that you would like to use and follow the directions on this page, setting up a new email account.
2. Open up Outlook Express. If it try's to get online you can just click "Work Offline" it doesn't matter either way.
3. At the top left hand side of the screen click on the "Tools" button.
4. Then choose the "Message Rules" option and then "Mail".
5. If you already have a message rule you will need to click on the "New" button on the right hand side. In the first box in the new window choose "Where the To line contains people".
6. in the second box choose "Move it to the specified folder".
7. In the third box, "Rule Description" first click on "contains people".
8. This will open up the "Select People" window. In the first line type in your email address then click "Add". When you are finished here click "Ok".
9. (Refer to picture #7) Now click on "Specified" to choose the folder that you want your email to go into. This will open the "Move" window. From here highlight "Inbox" on the left hand side and then click on "New Folder". In the "New Folder" window type the name of the folder you want to create, probably just use your name like "John". This will add your new folder under "Inbox". Make sure you then highlight the new folder and then click "Ok".
10. Finally in the fourth option on the "New Mail Rule" screen you can type in the name of your new rule for example "John" or "johnd". Then click "OK". Now, in this example when "email@example.com" receives email it will go automatically to his folder.