New Dialup and E-Mail settings. June 2009
We are upgrading our system and unfortunately along with that we have to make some important changes to your dialup number and e-mail settings. Omega wireless and DSL customers are not affected.
It's important to make these changes before June 17, 2009
Omega Internet Dialup Settings
1. Open up Internet Explorer.
2. Go to "Tools" in the top left hand corner, and then choose "Internet Options".
3. Choose the "Connections" Tab.
4. Your screen should look something like the picture below.
5. Next click on the "Settings" button (Not the "LAN Settings"). The new window should look like the picture below, only with your username instead of "johndoe". The change that needs to be made here is, your User name:, that is now your e-mail address (email@example.com) instead of just jondoe. Also note that in Windows XP there are more dots for the password than the actual number of characters in your password. This is simply to disguise how long your actual password is.
6. Now click on the "Properties" button just to the right of your username as shown in the picture above. This will open the window shown in the picture below. make sure that you have the new phone number 765-4041. You do not need to use the area code unless you are dialing from out of town.
7. Pone Number Options For...
a. Call waiting
-If you have call waiting on your phone line you can temporarily disable it when you use the internet by putting a "*70," in front of the phone number.
b. Phone systems that require you to dial 9 before dialing.
-To dial 9 to get out of your building to connect to the internet put a "9" with one or two comma's following it, like "9,,".
Don't forget after you make any changes to click on "Ok" when you are finished.